Neurological spinal disorders: pain in the back, neck, legs or arms, weakness, numbness, tingling, paralysis
Treatment of neurological diseases of the spine in the Neuro Praxis Düsseldorf
Neurological spinal disorders are disorders that affect the spinal cord, nerve roots, or shoulder girdle nerves that run through the spine. There are several types of neurological spine disorders, some examples are:
- Scoliosis, a curvature of the spine
- Spondylolisthesis, a mobility of the vertebrae
- Spinal stenosis, a narrowing of the spinal cord canal
- Herniated disc, damage to the discs that separate the vertebrae
Symptoms of neurological spine disorders can include pain in the back, neck, legs, or arms, weakness, numbness, tingling, paralysis, and problems with coordination and balance.
In this context, it is extremely important to have the most accurate diagnostics, which we at Neuro Praxis Düsseldorf attach great importance to.
Treatment may include physical therapy, medication, injections, or surgery if necessary.
Conservative treatment of herniated discs in the Neuro Praxis Düsseldorf
Conservative treatment of herniated discs in neurology usually involves a combination of pain management, physiotherapy and changes in everyday behaviour. This may include:
- Pain medication: Pain medication can help relieve pain.
- Physiotherapy/ physiotherapy: Physiotherapists may recommend exercises to improve strength and flexibility in the back. A specific form of exercise therapy can help reduce pain and improve back function.
- Changes in daily behaviour: Losing weight, avoiding certain activities that cause pain and using a good ergonomic chair can also help.
It is important to note that each patient may respond differently and that a combination of treatments often works best. Only if conservative treatments are not successful should surgery be considered.