Migraine: A common headache disorder
Treatment of migraines in the Neuro Praxis Düsseldorf
Migraine is a common headache disorder characterized by throbbing pain on one side of the head, nausea, and sensitivity to light/noise. The diagnosis is based on anamnesis and clinical examination. Imaging methods are not usually used for diagnostics.
Therapy aims to relieve pain and reduce the frequency of seizures. Pain medication, anti-migraine medication, behavioral measures (e.g. stress management) and, if necessary, prophylactic medication can be used for this purpose.
Important to know:
- The causes can be genetic or environmental.
- Symptoms: headache, nausea, sensitivity to light and noise.
- Trigger detection and avoidance is important.
- Acute and prophylactic treatment options available.
- Migraine is a treatable condition, but finding the best treatment can take time.